Subject: Amiga ROM messages
From: [email-masked] (Bill Bereza)
Date: 21 Jan 1994 21:35:21 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.misc

Since you have 1.3 you won't be able to use the keys to see the
messages. They're still in there, but you'd have to look at a ROM
dump to find them. I'll list each message along with how to get
it if you have a 1.2 KS. But there are even more messages hidden
in HEX and text in the ROM. BTW I've verified all of these. This
is _not_ just something I heard second-hand.

Only one of the un-hidden messages says anything against Commodore.
There are supposed to be more hidden.

First hold down both Alts and both Shifts and press the F keys.

Alt-Shift-:

F1:
System Software: Carl, Neil & Kodiak

F2:
Graphics Software: Dale, Bart, Jim & =RJ=

F3:
QA: Jon, Bruce, Stan, Kim & Jerry

F4:
LG Support: Caryn, Dave, Victor, Terry, Cheryl & Nancy

F5:
CBM software: Andy, Barry, Dave & Eric

F6:
Pics: Sheryl & Jack

F7:
Docs: Rick, Mitch, Peggy & Rob

F8:
Chips: Jay, Akio, Glenn, Edwin, Mark & Dave

F9:
HW: Dave, Bill, ChrisR & Josh

F10:
Moral Support: Joe Pillow & The Dancing Fools

Now press both Alts, both shifts, press F1 and eject DF0: all
at once and you'll see:

The Amiga, Born a Champion 

Now while holding all this click the left mouse button on the screen
to back gadget and re-insert the disk. If you have WB 1.2 you'll
see:

We made Amiga, They fucked it up

If you have WB 1.3 you'll see:

Still a Champion

Remember, you need Kickstart 1.2 to see use the key-sequences, but they
are in the 1.3 Kickstart ROM.

PS. I'm posting this to a.f.c and c.s.a.m.

=======///===============================================================>
      /// "I asked her for water and she gave me gasoline."
  \\\///                  -- "Cool Drink of Water Blues" by Tommy Johnson
   \\\/ Bill Bereza   [email-masked]   [email-masked]